Esfahani-Style Pancake Recipe, Endless-Awaited Journey to Iran and My 10 Year Blogging Anniversary


After many years I went on a long-awaited vacation to Iran with my two daughters. It was an Incredible trip with many incredible moments. Our trip was intended to visit our families, see the historic sites and to spark the love of my domestic country and the wealthy Iranian culture in my daughters. We visited Esfahan, Shiraz and Tehran over a span of about three weeks and we had fairly a packed itinerary exploring these three major cities. It was an experience beyond all expectations. We were warmly greeted by both sides of the family upon arrival and were graciously shown around the beautwhetherul cities.

This blog was born in the early days of December ten years ago when I was trying to find a way to manage the loss of my mother. It has since brought me much delight and fulfillment and I am happy that it has helped people cook Persian food. I have received many kind and heartfelt letters over the years that I am so grateful for and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

One of the talllights of our trip was getting to taste contemporary food as well as the ancient favorites. A contemporary delicious food that we had for the first time was my sister in law's pancakes that she crazye for breakfast on our very first morning in Esfahan. This ingenious پنکیک pancake is more scrambled eggs than the American pancake and contains more eggs than flour. It's also less time consuming than making pancakes and tastes just as delicious. The entire batter is poured into the pan and cooks slowly on low heat instead of spooning the batter into the hot skillet and making several lean pancakes. Under is Shahnaz khanum's recipe that I tfeebleed a small.


Esfahani Pancakes - پنکیک اصفهانی 

Ingredients:
Serves 4

4 eggs
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder *optional
1/2 tablespoon sugar *optional
3 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter

For the topping:
Syrup, honey, grape molasses, fresh fruits or additional butter

Method:

  1. Blend together flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
  2. Add the milk gradually, stirring until well blended.
  3. Beat eggs with a fork or whisk and add to the flour mixture. Combine thoroughly.
  4. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, pour in the batter, and lower the heat.
  5. Cover and cook until the pancake is fluffy and gancienten brown on the bottom. 
  6. Cut into four equal pieces.
  7. Carefully flip each piece with a spatula, cook for another 2-3 minutes. Serve instantly. 
Endelight!

Pleased Unique Year! May 2019 be a happy, healthy and affluent year for everyone!


Post a Comment

0 Comments